By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The Leeds/Sheff Utd/West Brom Thread

Din

Din

Thought it best to have an actual thread about our promotion rivals.

Leeds currently 1-0 up after 3 minutes against West Brom.

morty

morty

Staff member
Following it on Twitter, sounds like Leeds are well on top.

Din

Din

Yeah Leeds are all over them, massive gulf in class here. Could be 4 or 5 if something doesn't change.

That said, West Brom get the next goal and it's game on again.

If this result stays the same then that's surely West Brom out of the automatic promotion race, particularly if us and Sheffield United win this week. They'll be 9 points off us and 7 off Leeds and Sheff Utd.

N

Number 9

Yeah Leeds are all over them, massive gulf in class here. Could be 4 or 5 if something doesn't change.

That said, West Brom get the next goal and it's game on again.

If this result stays the same then that's surely West Brom out of the automatic promotion race, particularly if us and Sheffield United win this week. They'll be 9 points off us and 7 off Leeds and Sheff Utd.
45 mins to go yet

Reactions: Din
G

GJP

Leeds have been good value. And are the better side generally.

WBA are strong but more manufactured.

G

GJP

Not been keen on all the talk of Leeds having a wobble/choking/bottling etc.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The game is far too open, I’m surprised West Brom haven’t tried to condense things at all but Leeds good value

Din

Din

I'd be livid if I was a West Brom fan. Biggest game of the season and they put in a performance like that.

No doubting Leeds were superb though, faster, stronger and more efficient in every area.

3 horse race now!

dj161

dj161

was watching the game in the pub so was a bit distracted by chat and beverages, but every time I looked at the screen it was Leeds on top and seemed like they could of got more if they wanted, looks to be a 3 horse race for the auto places now, lets just make sure we get the job done tomorrow and hope Weds do us a favour on monday night

OldRobert

OldRobert

Wanted a draw, but there you go. It's in our hands anyway. OTBC sod everyone else.

Din

Din

Finishes 0-0 in the Sheffield derby (and it was a truly terrible game too). Shame Wednesday couldn't quite find a winner but even so a decent result from our perspective. It means Sheffield United are now 4 points behind us, and will be 7 going into another derby game against Rotherham this weekend if we can win on Friday night.

Leeds away at Bristol City on Saturday. Not an easy game at all...

N

Number 9

If Derby beat Wigan tonight, they'll be just behind Bristol, in 7th place, on goal difference. This will keep the pressure on Bristol to beat Leeds :p

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Watched the first half last night but got bored. Sheffield United are of course a decent side with a lot of power and running, but they were very ordinary in that first half and are a bit of a one trick pony.

N

Number 9

If Derby beat Wigan tonight, they'll be just behind Bristol, in 7th place, on goal difference. This will keep the pressure on Bristol to beat Leeds :p
And then on Tuesday,
Nelson Oliveira V Leeds
who's going to put a cheeky bet on Nelson scoring again?

N

Number 9

Stats (selected)

Sheffield Utd haven't lost a home game since Jan 19th.

Rotherham haven't lost an away game since Jan 12th.
:p

Obviously we expect a home win, but surprisingly Rotherham have draw the last 6 games, unbeaten home and away. They've obviously been doing something right.

Din

Din

Sheffield United and Leeds both doing their jobs and keeping the pace today. Both of them now playing on Tuesday so an opportunity to put pressure on us for the Wednesday. Leeds are away at Reading and Sheffield United at home to Brentford. Not easy games but you would probably expect them both to pick up the 3 points.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Darren Moore sacked then.

New manager might have a bit of a honeymoon period.

Looking at their squad though and I'm not sure I see much I'd fancy taking off their hands if we went up (with Dwight Gayle not being their player of course).

Matt Phillips would be a good option out wide, and Keiran Gibbs is a Premier League standard player (still) if we hadn't already signed that German fella at left back. Possibly Jay Rodriquez if his wages were realistic.

Other than that.... it looks like a bunch of old has beens to me. Should imagine they'll be having a huge rebuild in the summer.

G

GJP

Matt Phillips would be a good option out wide, and Keiran Gibbs is a Premier League standard player (still) if we hadn't already signed that German fella at left back. Possibly Jay Rodriquez if his wages were realistic.
Gibbs has always struck me as a comfort zone player. Average defensively and lacks conviction going forward.

J-Rod f*cks up too much, in my opinion. Fairly big lad who used to have a bit of pace. Not sure he looks after the ball well enough, has the smarts or tekkers to play for DF.