Transfer gossip.

N

Number 9

Well-Known Member
He can't get any worse to be fair, BUT, the goalkeeping situation now gets interesting.

Dec has the shirt.

Ruddy, who knows?

Youth keeper just returned from loan?
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
Kones wage demands too hot for sunderland - whether thats the basic wage or a relegation clause is hard to know.     But hard to see us outbidding sunderland in the financial return stakes.

Good for Kean to get some pitch time,  means matthews will be here to stay as a non counting u21 member of the squad freeing up another space for a new face if needed.   Is it a season long loan for 30/93 days?

also means if ruddy does depart we will sign another keeper first.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Surprised they wanted Kean after some of his performances in the under 21s.
 
N

Number 9

Well-Known Member
He ain't been too sharp, but, we bought him fairly recently! 

His agent must have a proper good DVD of saves.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I sometimes wonder about sending players out to struggling clubs. Colchester are in big trouble and have conceded 59!!! goals so far. Is Kean going to boost his ability or confidence if he is picking the ball out of the net far too regularly?  
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I sometimes wonder about sending players out to struggling clubs. Colchester are in big trouble and have conceded 59!!! goals so far. Is Kean going to boost his ability or confidence if he is picking the ball out of the net far too regularly?  
Could argue that he'll make many more saves in a weaker team, remember when David Marshall gained all the plaudits at Cardiff in this league? 

It was because he actually had lots of saves to make, instead of being a spectator for 85 minutes a game like Joe Hart. 

Plus I doubt we're too heavily invested in Jake Kean's personal development, just our third keeper signed for emergencies, U21 football and training ground games I guess? 
 
N

Number 9

Well-Known Member
City rejects a £8,000,000 offer for grabban from Bournemouth.

Don't sell to a rival
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
City rejects a £8,000,000 offer for grabban from Bournemouth.

Don't sell to a rival
£8m? take it, more than double what we paid them 18 months ago, and he's 3rd/4th in the pecking order
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Don't sell to a team in the same league
I take it you mean teams below us in the same league. Surely if Arsenal had bid £12M for instance, we would be getting interest on the money already.
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Whilst I would like to see Grabban go I wouldn't want us to sell to Bournemouth, even for £8m. I'd sooner we sold him to a Championship team for £4/5m.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Whilst I would like to see Grabban go I wouldn't want us to sell to Bournemouth, even for £8m. I'd sooner we sold him to a Championship team for £4/5m.
I've actually come around to this way of thinking also. 

Don't sell to Bournemouth at any price. 

Loan him to the Championship if having around the place is difficult. 

Bournemouth can have him in the summer, not a moment sooner. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
8 million?

Is it April the1st already?
There is a good reason why Bournemouth would be willing to pay £8m for Grabban, even though they know that is well over the odds for a player who isn't Premier League quality.

Its because he already knows their system and will slot right into that space left by the Callum Wilson injury. 

To literally any other club he is a £4m player. I'd rather us sell him for £4m to Middlesbrough than £8m to Bournemouth. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Just to add, I bet McNally wants to bite their hand off for £8m when wearing his business hat. 

It will be Alex Neil / the football staff who are resisting I think. 
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
We should just sell him to Bournemouth and worry about getting the points to climb up the table instead of worrying about potential relegation scenarios.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
We should just sell him to Bournemouth and worry about getting the points to climb up the table instead of worrying about potential relegation scenarios.
I bet Arsene Wenger wouldn't sell Danny Welbeck to Man City today for £30m, even though he's mediocre and that would be a 200% return on investment in 18 months. 

Not the best example because Man City don't need a striker like Bournemouth, but a valid point I feel. 
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
But there can only be one winner of the PL. We and Bournemouth are not competing for one prize. We could both stay up or we could both get relegated. So we need to focus entirely on doing what is best for us instead of worrying about what might or might not benefit Bournemouth. If we took the £8 million we could buy a much better quality replacement for just a few million extra. This would put us in a better position to pick up points. If Grabban helps Bournemouth also pick up a few more points (highly debatable) then so what? As long we get more points than they do between now and the end of the season we finish above them. 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top