By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer window - Summer 22.

N

Number 9

Another midfielder incoming apparently, although we seem to have bought two of them already who were injured.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I get the sense that Smith wants to persist with Pukki but it doesn't seem to be working.
Mainly because Smith doesn't seem to realise that Pukki needs through balls to be successful, not crosses like Hugill. Like I've said, not a bloody clue.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Mainly because Smith doesn't seem to realise that Pukki needs through balls to be successful, not crosses like Hugill. Like I've said, not a bloody clue.
I think Smith has been using both methods in pre-season with a view to the likes of Sara or Cantwell providing the through balls to Pukki with Rashica or Rowe (possibly) the crosses for Hugill. Both options could work individually or together, depending on how Smith sets up the team. A mate of mine used to watch Brentford when Smith was in charge there and he raves about how entertaining that team was.

Last edited:
N

Number 9

I think Smith has been using both methods in pre-season with a view to the likes of Sara or Cantwell providing the through balls to Pukki with Rashica or Rowe (possibly) the crosses for Hugill. Both options could work individually or together, depending on how Smith sets up the team. A mate of mine used to watch Brentford when Smith was in charge there and he raves about how entertaing that team was.
I agree with you on our preseason tactics, it was noticeable that we weren't supplying anything of note to Pukki, and it's worth noting that Sara is not a creative player, he hasn't a record of assisting or creating goals.

OldRobert

OldRobert

As soon as Hugill scored goals, against teams more of note he was dropped. Pukki was then played, but had no service in Scotland. I don't believe Smith has a clue how to set up the team, we have no cutting edge the way he's going so far, and surprise, surprise the midfield with days to go is incomplete and strewn with injuries. I mean it's not as though there's been no time to sort it.

N

Number 9

Devils advocate would suggest that they were preseason games and what matters is Saturday onwards.
Yes I have expressed my doubts in previous seasons about going into the first games with pieces of the jigsaw missing.
The transfer window is open for a few weeks yet so much may change, it's still looks like work in progress at the moment though.

morty

morty

Staff member
ff.jpg

N

Number 9

What do we need to bring in to win a few games then?
I'd like to see another defensive midfielder because we need cover for injuries & suspensions etc plus competition for places .
I'd sell Max for whatever we can get before his value drops even further, he's been struggling for too long now.
Get rid of Kenny, pay someone to take him away if necessary.
Sell Pukki and Krul they still have a value.
That should bring in cash + free up a sizeable wage budget to bring in a decent midfielder and right winger.

morty

morty

Staff member
Sounds like Nunez is on a plane, and on his way here...

Reactions: Din