By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer Window

N

Number 9

Obviously he's 24 and League one and lower is his experience, which is arguably better suited to move into the championship than some of the kids we've brought in from abroad.
Is he a top Championship player who can step up to the Premier League? Not sure.

morty

morty

Staff member

Sounds like young Max is quite the player in demand. I have to say this rhetoric trotted out by journos and fans that says they reckon he would be better suited having another season in the Championship, is bollocks. If the likes of Bayern come knocking on the door, with 20 or 30 million, offering to probably quadruple his wages, I doubt it would be a very difficult decision to make.

morty

morty

Staff member
Sounds like another one inbound...

55.jpg

N

Number 9

Do I detect a tiny amount of enthusiasm? ;)
The club recently have been making big announcements for players who are unlikely to ever play first team.
There's quite a few who have so little experience that they're very unlikely to be in the starting line up any time soon.
I'm despondent.
On the plus side, Sorensen hopefully will adjust ok and Dowell has experience although obviously are they better than what we already have?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The club recently have been making big announcements for players who are unlikely to ever play first team.
I’m sure the club would like all of them to make the first team eventually although they won’t all make it. I really don’t know why you think all these new signing are unlikely to play

N

Number 9

I’m sure the club would like all of them to make the first team eventually although they won’t all make it. I really don’t know why you think all these new signing are unlikely to play
Have a good look at the signings and consider if any are better than what we have already playing or waiting in the wings.
ie. Bali Mumba would appear to be behind Max & Byram if you look at his playing experience.
The same is true for many of them who on the face of it will be going on loan to get some game time.
Sorensen, Dowell look like they have relevant experience, whether they're better than what we've got is debatable though.

N

Number 9

I'm not purposely trying to be negative, just realistically looking at the lads coming in the door. If they're going to be in the starting line up, our u23 players really have to ask themselves the question.

G

gerryinromania

Certainly stocking up on midfielders. This guy seems to be a goodun, hope so, could also do with a nasty-ish type of barsteward amongst them. Trevor Hockey type man, one of my all time favourites.Guess that will have a few of you scratching the old crust. OR will know who he was

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Have a good look at the signings and consider if any are better than what we have already playing or waiting in the wings.
It’s not all about that though, we don’t always buy players to go straight into the team, that would be like saying why did we buy Dan Adshead or Archie Mair. If you want players that are better than we already have then you’re going to be spending a lot of money, particularly for a right back better than Aarons. Time will tell, personally I think Dowell will replace Cantwell and do a good job for us. I’m sure you would have said the same thing about a number of the German lads and most of them turned out ok.

N

Number 9

It’s not all about that though, we don’t always buy players to go straight into the team, that would be like saying why did we buy Dan Adshead or Archie Mair. If you want players that are better than we already have then you’re going to be spending a lot of money, particularly for a right back better than Aarons. Time will tell, personally I think Dowell will replace Cantwell and do a good job for us. I’m sure you would have said the same thing about a number of the German lads and most of them turned out ok.
Yeah, just niggles me when the club and media make a BIG thing about these signings and alot of good hearted supporters start planning their starting eleven, when in reality they ain't an improvement on what just got us relegated.
I've been told that Dowell is definitely in Vrancic role NOT Cantwell, and that doesn't mean Vrancic is leaving

Din

Din

Excited about the signing of Dowell. Seems like the ideal Cantwell replacement. 10 goals and 5 assists from midfield for Forest a couple of seasons ago, 5 goals 3 assists in 12 games for Wigan last season. I may be wrong as well but even though he only had a year left on his Everton contract, it'd surprise me if this wasn't Webber and Farke's record signing. England under 21 international who I'm sure a few Championship sides would've been interested in, got to be £4/5m perhaps?

I think now with with Dowell, Hernandez, Placheta, Stiepermann, Sinani and probably Josh Martin, we're sorted for attacking midfielders/wingers. Think we could do now do with a centre back (when Godfrey inevitably leaves) and a striker to hopefully replace Drmic, then we'll be sorted. Happy with the business we're doing so far.

On the centre back, I think Dickie would be a really good signing. Seems to be very highly regarded and the sort of centre back that would fit in well. Just by having a quick look though it seems Reading are very much the favourites to get him.

G

GJP

Excited about the signing of Dowell. Seems like the ideal Cantwell replacement. 10 goals and 5 assists from midfield for Forest a couple of seasons ago, 5 goals 3 assists in 12 games for Wigan last season. I may be wrong as well but even though he only had a year left on his Everton contract, it'd surprise me if this wasn't Webber and Farke's record signing. England under 21 international who I'm sure a few Championship sides would've been interested in, got to be £4/5m perhaps?

I think now with with Dowell, Hernandez, Placheta, Stiepermann, Sinani and probably Josh Martin, we're sorted for attacking midfielders/wingers. Think we could do now do with a centre back (when Godfrey inevitably leaves) and a striker to hopefully replace Drmic, then we'll be sorted. Happy with the business we're doing so far.

On the centre back, I think Dickie would be a really good signing. Seems to be very highly regarded and the sort of centre back that would fit in well. Just by having a quick look though it seems Reading are very much the favourites to get him.

Pretty sure the Buendia was a bit more costly than it was made to seem. Think, all in, it's getting towards something like £7m or £8m.

And I'd doubt Dowell is more than a few hundred thousand or a million or two. Perhaps with some add-ons. Good player though.

As for Dickie, if he goes to Reading it's because we don't really want him. If we really want him we'll get him.

morty

morty

Staff member
The EDP got a bit click baity and a lot of people got in a real tizz about it. Can see why Max doesn't want his picture on it though.