By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What Film Did You Just Finish Watching?

morty

morty

Staff member
Have a look at the link below, this is from a site called IMDB. The international movie database. The link below is to a list of the current most popular films. You can click on each film name and it links you to an overall rating and a description. Some of these may be too new to be on Netflix yet maybe.

dj161

dj161

Just finished watching The Invisible Man, really really good, keeps you hooked throughout, some nice twists, the ending leaves you with questions, cgi is great, some really cool moments throughout, Elizabeth Moss is fantastic playing a character that everyone thinks is insane except herself, thoroughly recommended

morty

morty

Staff member
Just finished watching The Invisible Man, really really good, keeps you hooked throughout, some nice twists, the ending leaves you with questions, cgi is great, some really cool moments throughout, thoroughly recommended
I might actually have some of that tonight!

morty

morty

Staff member
Off the back of a random recommendation on Twitter, this evening I watched "Hotel Mumbai", about terrorist attacks in Mumbai in 2008. Really good, very much enjoyed it, incredible tension, and a good bit of actual news footage of the attacks mixed in, adding real authenticity.

8.5/10

morty

morty

Staff member
The invisible man. Has been hyped a fair bit, felt a little predictable at first, but did have the odd twist. Okay, but not brilliant! 6.5/10.

morty

morty

Staff member
Two films last night! First was Birds of prey, a Harley Quinn spin off from Suicide squad. It was okay, but the fact remains that Marvel are simply light years ahead of DC in their films, and that doesn't look like changing ever. Easy watching stuff (she is VERY easy on the eye) and good fun. Not sure about Ewen McGregor as a baddie though....6.5/10.

Second film of the night was Bad boys for life, the sequel to Bad boys. Actually pretty good, Will Smith still in good enough shape to carry the role off, Martin Lawrence, maybe not so much. The film is exactly what you would expect it to be, if you liked the first one, you will like this one. I enjoyed it. 7.5/10

dj161

dj161

Two films last night! First was Birds of prey, a Harley Quinn spin off from Suicide squad. It was okay, but the fact remains that Marvel are simply light years ahead of DC in their films, and that doesn't look like changing ever. Easy watching stuff (she is VERY easy on the eye) and good fun. Not sure about Ewen McGregor as a baddie though....6.5/10.

I watched Birds of Prey yesterday too, it is not a film I would recommend to anyone, completely awful, I didn't hate Suicide Squad, but could definitely say it was bad, but not as bad as this, Margot is ok as HQ, but Huntress was for me was the most interesting character in the film but certainly felt like an after thought most of the time, and as for Cassandra Cain, what a bizarre way to introduce her character to the DC movie world, if you know anything about the character you'd know they got this completely wrong, I kept expecting her to start kicking ass at some point, but nope never happened

I may re-watch it at some point to see if it's better with a second viewing, but I won't hold my breath on it

morty

morty

Staff member
Been watching season 3 of a Netflix show called "Ozark". Am 3 shows in and the show just gets better and better. I don't think I have ever watched a show that gives me such an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, with just about every episode. Basic gist is a guy, almost inadvertently, through circumstances, is living a fairly plain life, then finds himself laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel. And gets in deeper, and deeper, and deeper...I watch every show wondering if he is going to end up dead.

Honestly cannot recommend this enough.

dj161

dj161

So I assume everyone has been binge watching shows on Netflix/Amazon or the such

started watching a show called Money Heist on Neflix, it's now into its fourth season and I'm at the fifth episode of season one so plenty of catching up to do, but it's pretty good stuff so far, about a group of people who don't know each other being brought together to rob the Spanish mint, it's actually a Spanish show dubbed into English, but not really noticeable, just seems like a quarter of a second out of sync to me, would recommend based on what I've seen of it so far

what's everyone else been watching?

morty

morty

Staff member
So I assume everyone has been binge watching shows on Netflix/Amazon or the such

started watching a show called Money Heist on Neflix, it's now into its fourth season and I'm at the fifth episode of season one so plenty of catching up to do, but it's pretty good stuff so far, about a group of people who don't know each other being brought together to rob the Spanish mint, it's actually a Spanish show dubbed into English, but not really noticeable, just seems like a quarter of a second out of sync to me, would recommend based on what I've seen of it so far

what's everyone else been watching?
I presume, like the rest of the population you have watched Tiger King?

morty

morty

Staff member
Err, what’s tiger king ?
A series on Netflix, a documentary. I'm not even sure how to describe it to you frankly. It is about a guy who starts a private zoo, and ends up with a few hundred tigers. He breeds them as he makes a lot of money selling them, and charging folk to play with the baby tigers. And there is a woman who is aligned with PETA, who wants to shut him down. They are basically all crack head lunatics who shoot guns and just utterly epitomise America.

Probably the best car crash TV you will ever see.

dj161

dj161

I presume, like the rest of the population you have watched Tiger King?

Haven't watched it yet, I think it's probably next on my list of things to watch though, is it worth the hype?

morty

morty

Staff member
Haven't watched it yet, I think it's probably next on my list of things to watch though, is it worth the hype?
It has more than its fair share of "What the fuck?" moments, that's for sure!

morty

morty

Staff member
"Gangs of London" 9/10

Showing, I think, on Sky Atlantic (I download, so not 100% sure).

Absolutely fantastic, great cast, slick, well made, sexy and very violent.

Definitely recommend.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Just finished watching "The Gentlemen". A film by Guy Ritchie, starring Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy),Matthew McConaughey and Hugh Grant (fop haired bellend). Really actually enjoyable, even Hugh Grant is okay. It is a Guy Ritchie film, if you like his types of films you will like this, if you don't, you might still actually. Your typical gangster / drug dealer story with twists, very layer cake.

Good fun 8/10.

Watched this yesterday, you spend most of the film waiting for it to really pick up, but it sort of doesn’t. Enjoyed it in a strange way though, I think :)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I watched Harley Quinn last night, quite enjoyed it but I think a lot of that was down to Harleys shorts :) I did think though that it probably needed a bigger character in it, an appearance from the joker or batman just to give it a bit of a lift. 6.5/10

morty

morty

Staff member
I watched Harley Quinn last night, quite enjoyed it but I think a lot of that was down to Harleys shorts :) I did think though that it probably needed a bigger character in it, an appearance from the joker or batman just to give it a bit of a lift. 6.5/10

Margot Robbie is definitely very easy on the eye :)

morty

morty

Staff member
Ford vs Ferrari. 8/10.

The story of Henry Ford's desire to break the Ferrari dominance in motor sports, and the quest to build a car to beat them. Legendary driver / car designer Carroll Shelby teams up with driver Ken Miles to build the Ford GT-40 and challenge at Le Mans.

Really enjoyable film, Christian Bale is fantastic.