Would you play Grabban against Bournemouth?

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Good question and quality thread.  I wouldn't play Grabban this week, but maybe in a few games time, just to let it all blow over a little more.
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
I'm sure that AN will make the decision for football reasons. At least he has plenty of choice with 5 strikers to choose from! I'd rather see Lafferty on the bench personally, given his run of scoring for NI. Like Jerome and Mbokani, he can play the lone striker role. It'll also be interesting to see if Mbokani is on the bench if his work permit comes through.
 
Shyster

Shyster

Member
He's not going to get ahead of Cameron, but if the latter were injured or failing to click in training then yes, I'd field Grabban before Hooper & Lafferty.

I'd also sign Ched Evans in a flash if I were running a football club.
 
Shyster

Shyster

Member
Good question and quality thread.  I wouldn't play Grabban this week, but maybe in a few games time, just to let it all blow over a little more.
Wrong approach. Always better to nip 'it' in the bud rather than linger.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
He's not going to get ahead of Cameron, but if the latter were injured or failing to click in training then yes, I'd field Grabban before Hooper & Lafferty.

I'd also sign Ched Evans in a flash if I were running a football club.
Ooh, controversial!

And welcome, by the way  :)
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I'd also be willing for us to sign Evans because I think the whole case stunk to high heaven and whilst his behaviour could be decried as somewhat seedy, that alone doesn't make someone a rapist, but as I don't want to re-open the old debate on that, I'll stop there before it gets out of hand.
 
Scott

Scott

Active Member
Glad he has made a statement and has apologised...still doesnt make him good enough to play i the premier league
 
Gorlestongirl

Gorlestongirl

New Member
Question answered.  Grabban is 'short of match fitness' so won't be starting tomorrow. (AN).
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
So you're pro Evans but anti Grabban?

Hmm.
Yes, because I think Evans has been somewhat stitched up whereas Grabban has openly admitted to what he did and it's very clear cut in Grabban's case.

Either Evans AND McDonald were guilty, or NEITHER or them were, and I think it's shocking that they claim that the woman was too drunk to consent to Evans, but apparently sober enough to agree to McDonald, even though she freely admits that she can remember f**k all about what actually happened...
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Re: Grabban's apology today...........The proof as they say will be in the pudding.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
At the end of the day Grabban has apologised for throwing a strop whereas Evans hasn't apologised for being a convicted rapist.

Quite staggering that based on those facts anyone could be happier for Evans to be a Norwich player than Grabban.
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Would it not be best if we didn't 'cloud the water' in this thread with talk of Evans?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZLF
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
The way I see it he's apologised now and that should be the end of this. He'll have to train hard and work his way back into the side like all the other fringe players have to, but I don't see any reason why in a few weeks maybe he can be back in the first team if he does do so.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
At the end of the day Grabban has apologised for throwing a strop whereas Evans hasn't apologised for being a convicted rapist.

Quite staggering that based on those facts anyone could be happier for Evans to be a Norwich player than Grabban.
Because he maintains his innocence, so why the hell should he apologise for something he didn't do???

Anyone who's read the court transcript can see how dodgy this conviction actually is, which is why I'd be willing to have the guy here.
 
the jarrold

the jarrold

Member
Neil, I feel has stopped short of a ringing endorsement or am I reading too much into his press conference quote regarding Grabben,

'As far as I am concerned, the matter is pretty much done. He won’t be in contention this weekend.”

'Pretty much done' is not like saying, it's 100% behind us and we all move on. I think there are a few more portions of humble pie for Lewis to scoff before he's fully back in the fold. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait quite some time to see him back in the team even after the apology.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
My impression of the "pretty much done" was a preference to not expose grabban to the bournemouth game only stating he needed to work on fitness and that we will see him back in contention next week.   Gives Grabban a chance to (continue?) demonstrate in training that  the attitude matches the words.

Just my take.
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
We've all done the Ched Evans discussion multiple times. It's boring. This thread is about Lewis Grabban. Thanks.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
'Pretty much done' is not like saying, it's 100% behind us and we all move on. I think there are a few more portions of humble pie for Lewis to scoff before he's fully back in the fold. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait quite some time to see him back in the team even after the apology.
It probably means Alex Neil is resigned to possibly needing him between now and January, and then he'll be be out on his backside. 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top