By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

January transfer window.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Don't know who that is but wonder if he's coming in as a starter or squad player?
Can't say I know anything about it / him, just something I saw on Twitter. Obviously the first thing you wonder is has someone bid for Lewis? But I have to admit, we probably do need cover in the position, as was shown when Lewis was injured recently.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Makes perfect sense to me.... Stiepermann was our backup left back, now he's our most reliable attacking midfielder.

Husband was shit so we sent to League One.

We therefore need a left back.

Could also mean a late Pinto exit, as he's on the 'if we get desperate' list for that position and has played there a couple of times under Farke.

G

GJP

Obviously the first thing you wonder is has someone bid for Lewis?

Did not wonder that. Firstly, because I think we could do with someone else there. Secondly, because I don't think Lewis has been outstandingly eye catching.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I was going to say that also GJP...... Lewis is obviously a talent, but his form hasn't been at the level where you'd expect the type of bid that would tempt us to sell mid-season whilst we're second in the league.

Max Aarons is the one I'd be more worried about in that respect. Lewis is being overshadowed by him.

Although of course talented right footed players are more abundant than left footed ones, so who knows.

N

Number 9

Did not wonder that. Firstly, because I think we could do with someone else there. Secondly, because I don't think Lewis has been outstandingly eye catching.
Can't imagine we paid the £ for "outstandingly eyecatching"

OldRobert

OldRobert

Some might say that Lewis has been restricted particularly in his attacking play by the fact that Godfrey needs more 'minding' than Klose, and has therefore been less effective since Godfrey has had to step in.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well if it's all the bloke can get then I won't be angry, I would feel a bit sorry for him...

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Our left back looks to really good going forward based on the one highlights video I've seen.

Although of course if somebody could be arsed they could probably find 5 minutes of footage which makes Wildschut look like the new Marc Overmars.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Nick Hayes is very highly rated, I've known about him for a while. Was he a free agent then or did we pay a fee?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

He may allow Aston Oxborough out on loan or something?

morty

morty

Staff member
Nick Hayes is very highly rated, I've known about him for a while. Was he a free agent then or did we pay a fee?
Only here on a 6 month contract, so yeah presume free agent, and you could well be right about Oxborough.