By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Leeds United(away) Saturday 2nd Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

It just so obviously wasn't accidental..... deserves a 12 month ban for that the wanker, and Oliviera should start a civil case for compensation.

Pretty sure a few players have been jailed for less on the pitch, some SPL player got an assault charge for a headbutt didn't he?

dj161

dj161

Yep Duncan Ferguson during his rangers days got a three month prison sentence for a headbutt

can't tell from that gif how much intent there was in the stamp from Mings, I'd like to think zero but I highly doubt it

G

gerryinromania

Watched last weeks game live, today with a super stream. Superb win away at the leaders, and thoroughly deserved, to go top. Sorry Leeds, but I think that Sheffield united were better than you.WELL DONE the boys in Yella and well done to the supportes

OldRobert

OldRobert

Brilliant performance today. How Dirty Leeds are where they are is completely beyond me. I can only think they have kicked and fouled their way to the top of the League, as they have no skill, shape or anything to commend them. Bielsa is supposed to be such a great coach, the only good thing I would suggest he's good for, is ferrying football supporters to away games. Vrancic immense today, but the whole team deserve a mention. All we need to do now is paste the scum. OTBC.:D

morty

morty

Staff member
A few observations from me :-

Stiepermann is hugely under rated, I don't think people fully appreciate just what he brings that makes the whole thing tick.

There is an attitude instilled into our players, if you watch the Webber interview he talks about it, where players need to be comfortable to express themselves without fear, and without criticism if it doesn't come off. Look at how often our players stick the foot in, and nick the ball off the opposition, they aren't afraid to do so. Many times we turned play over and stopped Leeds in their tracks doing this, it can't be coincidence. And it totally knocked Leeds confidence, as they are likely used to players standing off them more. Yes, we have ability in spades, but the mental toughness in our team is priceless.

OldRobert

OldRobert

^ This. It's an ability we haven't had before imo.

morty

morty

Staff member
^ This. It's an ability we haven't had before imo.
You look even at Max and Jamal, and none of yesterday fazed them one iota, a very volatile atmosphere that Leeds had been ramping all week, and we just played our own game and got on with the job. That sort of mentality means it won't be a problem doing it at Old Trafford or The Emirates.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I agree. The difference between last season and this, is amazing. What the coaches are instilling into the young players is brilliant, but to instill the same mentality into 27+ year olds is something special. I wasn't sure about Farke in the beginning, but I can't argue against him now. I hope a new contract is imminent, and they can keep our best players.

Last edited:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

It really makes you wonder which of these players are actually punching above their weight, a la Lambert circa-2011 when he got a bunch of Championship and League One players to 12th in the Premier League, and which ones are going to reach the very top of the game.

There's probably a mix of both in that squad. But surely Buendia has the potential to go right to the very top of the game? He's special...

morty

morty

Staff member
It really makes you wonder which of these players are actually punching above their weight, a la Lambert circa-2011 when he got a bunch of Championship and League One players to 12th in the Premier League, and which ones are going to reach the very top of the game.

There's probably a mix of both in that squad. But surely Buendia has the potential to go right to the very top of the game? He's special...
I think, as a team, they have the potential to do pretty well in the Prem, maybe not 12th well, but okay. I think obvious additions would be at centre back and keeper, and maybe a bit more quality up front. But overall our style of play, and the coached mentality and fitness means I don't think we would look out of place at all.

N

Number 9

I think, as a team, they have the potential to do pretty well in the Prem, maybe not 12th well, but okay. I think obvious additions would be at centre back and keeper, and maybe a bit more quality up front. But overall our style of play, and the coached mentality and fitness means I don't think we would look out of place at all.
Concede less goals. Yes we are improving in that area, but need to keep tight and professionally see out a game when we're ahead.
Yes we are improving, Birmingham and Leeds games tell us that, raising the question of our best defenceand whether Klose will have to wait for a game.

morty

morty

Staff member
Concede less goals. Yes we are improving in that area, but need to keep tight and professionally see out a game when we're ahead.
Yes we are improving, Birmingham and Leeds games tell us that, raising the question of our best defenceand whether Klose will have to wait for a game.
Something I was mulling over earlier, isn't Klose out of contract at the end of the season? Maybe we are already preparing for life without him. I think it would be pretty harsh to drop Godfrey for him right now.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Its probably the case that Klose will stay if we get promotion as we'd be able to afford his wages? Unless he has stated his desire to finish his career in Germany or something.

I doubt we're thinking about succession planning when its all about the 3 points in our position, although after that performance I wouldn't expect us to change the starting XI for the next game.

Nice position to be in really. Does make giving Grant Hanley a new contract look a bit bizarre though as he's become our fourth choice centre back.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Suppose a Tettey style deal is still a possibility (a pay cut basically) if we don't go up, but Klose is hardly going to agree to one of those right now when in four months we may be in the richest league in the world.

If we do fail to go up I hope getting Pinto, McGovern, Naismith, Jarvis, Wildschut and possibly Klose off the wage bill will be enough to straighten us out financially without needing to sell off any of our current XI. Plus hopefully small fees for Franke, Raggett, Husband, and Ben Marshall.

N

Number 9

Suppose a Tettey style deal is still a possibility (a pay cut basically) if we don't go up, but Klose is hardly going to agree to one of those right now when in four months we may be in the richest league in the world.

If we do fail to go up I hope getting Pinto, McGovern, Naismith, Jarvis, Wildschut and possibly Klose off the wage bill will be enough to straighten us out financially without needing to sell off any of our current XI. Plus hopefully small fees for Franke, Raggett, Husband, and Ben Marshall.
Big advantage of being in the top two is obviously having a head start on the transfer window compared to the playoff teams.
Plenty of time to sort out contracts when we know where well be next season.
If Farke stays true to form, then Klose sits on the bench next game, if he's lucky.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Knowing that we were set to sign that left back on a bosman makes me wonder whether we've got any other bosmans agreed!

With Passlack, Rhodes and McGovern unlikely to be here next season that's three positions we need to recruit for already.... right back, striker and goalkeeper.

The goalkeeper one though will probably depend what division we are in. Go up and we need an improvement on Krul, stay in this league and we need a number 2.

G

GJP

Stiepermann is hugely under rated, I don't think people fully appreciate just what he brings that makes the whole thing tick.
Lots of things to like about his game. Overall what I like is that he takes the game to the opposition, whether it's running at them with the ball or using his physical presence to disrupt them, he doesn't let them have anything easy.

I would not mind one little bit if he just added a couple of goals to his game though.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

It didn't look like Godfrey really needed any help from Krul to be honest, I wouldn't bet on Bamford being able to knock out a wank.

But it was a bit silly of Krul to steam in like that.

Krul now has 3 yellow cards in 4 games by the way.

2 more yellows and we have to see McGovern in goal for a game, scary prospect!

Status
Not open for further replies.