By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Southampton (home) Friday June 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Screenshot_20200617-134530_Twitter.jpg

N

Number 9

They need to be tested again by the League, if that comes back as ok then they are allowed to train on their own, it'll be two weeks before back in the team.
Seems like marco can be considered for Friday after all.
Changing times

Din

Din

I was never in the null and void category but don't think it's right that the season has been resumed with no fans, changes to the amount of substitues that are allowed, drinks breaks etc, because how can you say a team deserves to to be relegated if a chunk of the season is played in completely different conditions. But I have to say, now it's resumed and we're starting to talk about line-ups and tactics I am beginning to get excited.

On the game on Friday, hopefully we can finally have a bit of luck, similar to what Villa had today. Unbelievable incompetence as per showed by VAR/technology.

Team I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis
Tettey Vrancic
Buendia Cantwell Hernandez
Pukki
Can't wait to be 2-0 down by half-time and be absolutely fuming for the entire weekend :)

Din

Din

Also, not one for sharing my personal life online, but as this is kinda Norwich City related I thought I'd share it. Obviously the game on Friday is gonna be weird for all Norwich fans given the circumstances, but for me it's gonna be the first game I've watched since my dad passed away a couple of months ago due to coronavirus. He was 59 years old and had no underlying health issues, essentially making him one of the really unlucky ones. He took me to my first game in 2005 when I was 8, and me and him have had season tickets together and been to practically every game since we were relegated to League 1, nearly 300 games all in all. So yeah, gonna be very surreal tomorrow watching us play and not being able to turn to him and talk about why Farke hasn't made subs earlier or how Pukki should've done better with that chance. Gonna be even more surreal obviously when we do eventually go back to Carrow Road and he's not in his seat next to me. But yeah, I owe all my love of Norwich City to him, and I'm hopeful that we can have a strong end to the season as that would've made him so happy (though tbh I very highly doubt we will :D )

Last edited:
N

Number 9

Also, not one for sharing my personal life online, but as this is kinda Norwich City related I thought I'd share it. Obviously the game on Friday is gonna be weird for all Norwich fans given the circumstances, but for me it's gonna be the first game I've watched since my dad passed away a couple of months ago due to coronavirus. He was 59 years old and had no underlying health issues, essentially making him one of the really unlucky ones. He took me to my first game in 2005 when I was 8, and me and him have had season tickets together and been to practically every game since we were relegated to League 1, nearly 300 games all in all. So yeah, gonna be very surreal tomorrow watching us play and not being able to turn to him and talk about why Farke hasn't made subs earlier or how Pukki should've done better with that chance. Gonna be even more surreal obviously when we do eventually go back to Carrow Road and he's not in his seat next to me. But yeah, I owe all my love of Norwich City to him, and I'm hopeful that we can have a strong end to the season as that would've made him so happy (though tbh I very highly doubt we will :D )

Well done for talking about it Din, grieving is a long and difficult process, every person experiences it differently.
It's bound to hit you at odd times, but keep talking about your dad and remember the good times.
Take care mate.

Reactions: Din
N

Number 9

I was never in the null and void category but don't think it's right that the season has been resumed with no fans, changes to the amount of substitues that are allowed, drinks breaks etc, because how can you say a team deserves to to be relegated if a chunk of the season is played in completely different conditions. But I have to say, now it's resumed and we're starting to talk about line-ups and tactics I am beginning to get excited.

On the game on Friday, hopefully we can finally have a bit of luck, similar to what Villa had today. Unbelievable incompetence as per showed by VAR/technology.

Team I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis
Tettey Vrancic
Buendia Cantwell Hernandez
Pukki
Can't wait to be 2-0 down by half-time and be absolutely fuming for the entire weekend :)

I have seen Farkes team sheet.

Krul
Tettey McLean
McLean McLean McLean
Rupp Duda Rupp Duda
Pukki

Reactions: Din
OldRobert

OldRobert

CB situation laughable................again. All we need now is Klose to revert to type and we're down to one fit CB...............again. Tettey to CB...............again.

N

Number 9

CB situation laughable................again. All we need now is Klose to revert to type and we're down to one fit CB...............again. Tettey to CB...............again.
Reading Farkes comments on Klose, he hasn't played since when and I don't want to push him

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Thing is, at the start of the season we had four centre backs plus Amadou which was probably right. I don’t think anyone could have seen all these injuries coming

N

Number 9

Thing is, at the start of the season we had four centre backs plus Amadou which was probably right. I don’t think anyone could have seen all these injuries coming

Why "all these injuries" though?
Last ditch defending because they're not organised or getting caught up the pitch in numbers?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Wasn’t expecting that line up, looks like we’re going for it

OldRobert

OldRobert

We don't have a choice imo. 3 points or we're out.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

After a good start it’s turned, poor passing, silly mistakes. Got the second half to put things right but realistically we don’t look good enough today

G

GJP

Just like before, McLean is a passenger and getting away with it.

No Tettey no fight.

No Vrancic no quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.