G
GJP
Well-Known Member
Unless he is playing his cards closer to his chest after the McCormack thing where he made it obvious he thought we had him.AN has said we're not after Assombalonga
Unless he is playing his cards closer to his chest after the McCormack thing where he made it obvious he thought we had him.AN has said we're not after Assombalonga
Order of preference for me....We're being linked with Nahki Wells at Huddersfield along with Derby and Fulham. Don't get me wrong I'd be pleased with him, but tbh I'd really prefer us to go after Assombalonga. Watched Forest - Burton on Saturday and it's clear through everything he does that he's one of the best strikers in the division. Price would be similar to that we were prepared to pay for McCormack so we clearly have the money, plus he's only 23 so has years left in him. I also think out of all the strikers we've been linked with (McCormack, Wells, Kodjia) he's the one best suited to the Premier League, so should we go back up he could be a success for us there as well.
Would probably be a good time to sign Bamford, his stock can only go up from here and potential to grab a bargain?I'd be pleased to have Bamford here. Similar to Kane I thought he showed glimpses of quality in a Norwich shirt. And he has already shown he can be very good at this level.
I miss BradleyDerby fans will be pleased.
Do you miss his pashun?I miss Bradley![]()
I'd probably go with that but with Assombalonga and Kodjia the other way round. In this league though all of them should be good signings.Order of preference for me....
Kodjia > Assombalonga > Wells > Bamford
But I'd rather Bamford than nobody. Just a risk because we don't know whether his confidence crisis is something easily fixed or if he'd carry that into this league.
Haha, just remember, I said I missed him, I don't think the team has so much.Do you miss his pashun?
No doubt offering £3MCeltic have been quoted £5m for Patrick Bamford apparently. For that price really think we should be going in.
I'm with you about Mbokani. I didn't think he did any more than Jerome to be honest. His biggest asset is his aerial ability but is quite clumsy with his control and he is hardly a poacher. And that is what we need, an alternative or addition to what we already have. We don't need another big bloke chasing out to the touchline. We need somebody in this division who is going to be at the end of a cross/pass from what ought to be a midfield that is too good for most in this division.That's fine, but what about all the other players in the squad that will then look at Mbokanis wages and think they are worth more ? I might be in the minority, but I'm not sure Mbokani would be that effective anyway.
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.