Rumours and speculation

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
He did a hell of a lot more than Bamford though.
True but I don't really think Bamford got a fair go and it was just such an awful muddled time when he arrived. But I don't really think he is what we need. I agree that Griffiths is the type we need. Of course he had plenty of support at Celtic as did Hooper. 
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Surprised people are genuinely thinking that the likes of Bamford, Martin and Mbokani are realistic.

 turned my attention back towards
:D :D I hate summer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Huh? What's unrealistic about Bamford and Martin? 

If they are out of our league then we might as well not bother signing anybody. 

Mbokani granted, probably wouldn't be prepared to drop down to this level. 

I think that Bamford and Martin is actually scraping the barrel and that we should be aiming higher if possible. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
I'd be delighted if we just went and signed Mbokani to be honest, not many teams in this league will know how to cope with him. 

Apparently on something silly like £100k a week at Kyiv but available for £0.

Now McCormack would have cost us £12m and what, perhaps £40k per week over four seasons? We'd be writing off the £12m.

£12m over four years is £58k a week. 

So assuming we were prepared to write off £12m when he is 33/34 and McCormack is on £40k a week at Villa, it would actually be far cheaper for us to sign Mbokani on a three year deal and hand him £70k to £80k a week or whatever it is it would cost us.
I like the thinking. McNally was obsessed with our wage structure so would never have followed that logic. I wonder if Moxey is prepared to see things differently.

How come he's available for £0 if his contract is until next summer?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Neil has confirmed that he is interested in bringing Mbokani back to the club. Mbokani is also keen to come back to England but wants to play in the Premier League. Neil said that 'things can change' but it sounds like the ball's in Mbokani's court.

Would be a fantastic signing, but I just can't see it happening unfortunately.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
If we could get Mbokani here on Norwich wages then it would be fantastic.Would destroy the Champs.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Can't see too many Prem clubs after him.
Was linked with West Brom earlier in the window.

I'm getting anxious about this striker situation again. Presumably Mbokani is somebodies Plan B, and he wants to wait as long as possible in the window to see if their Plan A fails.

I hope we've learnt lessons from the past and will start enforcing strict deadlines on decisions. E.g. Mbokani has until noon on 29th August to sign for us, to give us a few days to pursue our contingency plans. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Mbokani would have great fun playing in this league for a year, and with him we'd surely have the 2nd best squad in this league on paper, come on chap you know it makes sense! 

25+ league goals this year would be great for the Wiki stats (ask Cameron Jerome!).
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
I would also love this signing but unfortunately AN has just stated the obvious, that we're looking at the option, but also made clear it's very unlikely to happen. Given he was reasonably successful with us I'd be surprised if the promoted clubs and one or two others in the Premier League weren't interested.
 
Shyster

Shyster

Member
Can't see too many Prem clubs after him.
No interest from the wealthier Championship clubs either.

Mbokani is a good player, but very similar in style, stature etc to Jerome and we don't need two of them.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
I think there is enough of a difference between Mbokani and Jerome to have both of them. And really it isn't unimaginable that we could do worse than have both.

What interests me more is AN's vision for the side. He definitely wanted McCormack so he must have had a plan on how he would use him. Surely Mbokani doesn't fit that same criteria.

So have we changed our ideas? Will we be looking to sign someone who is similar to McCormack? Or are we just signing whoever the hell we can get and wedging them in the team somehow?
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
If I were a Championship defender I'd dread having to come up against Mbokani, he'd be a top signing. 
 
N

Nhoskin

New Member
I think that when Norwich are in the championship it is the best time to experiment and give chances to new strikers. It will be so interesting to see how he develops in the team. I am looking forward to a more positive season and a change up in the team. Last year was far too stressful to watch with not enough team energy in the performance.

from a hopeful fan

www.norwichmobilephonerepair.co.uk
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Wouldnt be surprised to see Mbokani back, serious addition at this level. Just dont want to see Bamford, he had a chance to impress and failed before and looks like another RVW to me, 
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
Wouldnt be surprised to see Mbokani back, serious addition at this level. Just dont want to see Bamford, he had a chance to impress and failed before and looks like another RVW to me, 
Well, Bamford has impressed at this level. And he is clearly talented. 

Maybe in his defence it could be argued that he came into a struggling side, a side that wasn't attacking in nature and he wasn't given a run of games to really get going. Maybe it could also be argued that he didn't really feel like the manager was backing him.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Neither of them can be considered successes, although Mbokani did finish top scorer. 

I don't think Bamford's spell at Boro comes into our equation for signing him. That was two seasons ago and we have all moved on.

And Mbokani is not really want we need. We need a finisher. The only way I see him contributing is if AN is looking for everyone to start chipping in with goals and so far we have five different scorers which is good. He would then be an alternative/improvement to an off formJerome.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZLF
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
None of our strikers impressed last year but we are a level down and all can do a good job here.

it does seem as if Mbokani is our well if we cant find anything else option which would appear to be the view mbokani has of us too;   not sure thats a great basis for a permanent signing.  Rumours of beksitas interesr probably makes this a mute discussion.

Bethnal reporting that the home grown rules in ukraine have changed,  and Mbokani is one of the non ukrainian outcasts,  hence his nil sale price (together with his frankly absurb wages)

Two striker signings still needed though - and perhaps another cb if the fulham bassong tie up happens. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
James Wilson said to be joining Derby or Fulham on loan. 

Would be a good option on loan for the season?
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top