Canaryboy
Well-Known Member
He did a hell of a lot more than Bamford though.I'm with you about Mbokani. I didn't think he did any more than Jerome to be honest.
He did a hell of a lot more than Bamford though.I'm with you about Mbokani. I didn't think he did any more than Jerome to be honest.
True but I don't really think Bamford got a fair go and it was just such an awful muddled time when he arrived. But I don't really think he is what we need. I agree that Griffiths is the type we need. Of course he had plenty of support at Celtic as did Hooper.He did a hell of a lot more than Bamford though.
turned my attention back towards
I like the thinking. McNally was obsessed with our wage structure so would never have followed that logic. I wonder if Moxey is prepared to see things differently.I'd be delighted if we just went and signed Mbokani to be honest, not many teams in this league will know how to cope with him.
Apparently on something silly like £100k a week at Kyiv but available for £0.
Now McCormack would have cost us £12m and what, perhaps £40k per week over four seasons? We'd be writing off the £12m.
£12m over four years is £58k a week.
So assuming we were prepared to write off £12m when he is 33/34 and McCormack is on £40k a week at Villa, it would actually be far cheaper for us to sign Mbokani on a three year deal and hand him £70k to £80k a week or whatever it is it would cost us.
Was linked with West Brom earlier in the window.Can't see too many Prem clubs after him.
No interest from the wealthier Championship clubs either.Can't see too many Prem clubs after him.
Well, Bamford has impressed at this level. And he is clearly talented.Wouldnt be surprised to see Mbokani back, serious addition at this level. Just dont want to see Bamford, he had a chance to impress and failed before and looks like another RVW to me,
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.