By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Anybody in the Championship you'd like us to take with us with our new found wealth?

For me its Jarrod Bowen from Hull, boy looks absolutely class and could easily see him fitting into our Farke system.

Webber said that we can't just keep signing Germans forever, and we've had success taking players from the Championship in the past (Snodgrass and Howson for example). Plus we'd need 8 homegrown players for a Premier League squad and I'm afraid we don't have 8 homegrown players who could cut it in that league at the minute.

Problem with signing high profile foreign players is that they'd be the first to bang in a transfer request if we went down too, like Leroy Fer.

Adam Webster the two footed centre back (ex-scummer) from Bristol City is the other player I'd love to see us sign.

Both of them a great age.

Not sure how feasible either of those would be financially to be honest, I'm sure Bowen is attracting a lot of attention as he's pretty much single handedly dragged Hull half way up the league table.

Striker is one where I think we'd need to shop overseas again. I like Maupey from Brentford but his diminutive and probably too similar to Pukki, could probably do with trying to find a Callum Wilson type player from France or something.

G

GJP

Struggling to think of anyone who would get in our side. Although there are obviously some good players in the league and some that could go up a level.

Some goal from Grealish.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Struggling to think of anyone who would get in our side.

But we'll need a keeper to replace McGovern, a striker to replace Rhodes, a centre back to replace Klose if we can't agree a contract, and a right back to compete with Aarons and that's just the start.

Hernandez and Buendia are class of course, but Cantwell probably needs another year in the Championship and can't really see Stiepermann being a 38 game player in the Premier League in all honesty.

Need quality depth in quite a few positions.

Besides.... I think Bowen is better than Grealish personally.

G

GJP

Yup, Bowen is certainly one who looks like he could have a shot.

O'Dowda at Bristol. Couple lads at Forest. Reece James at Wigan (though he's on loan from Chelsea). Browne at PNE. Daniel James at Swansea.

dj161

dj161

I've always been a fan of Albert Adomah, not 100% sure how he's been doing this season, and he's not exactly a youngster at 31, but would surely give good depth to the wing positions of Buendia and Hernandez to compete for, also despite being Ghanaian he holds a British passport and has his registration as home grown so would help in that regard

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

It really depends on whether we’re going to spend £15-£20m on a young English player. That money could buy two equally good Germans :)

N

Number 9

We signed Heiss, would be good to see him on the grass before next season

Din

Din

It's almost a shame that we can't just let Farke and Webber take their pick of gems from the foreign leagues, find another Buendia, Zimmermann, Pukki, Trybull etc. We already have a limited number of homegrown players as it is, so we'd definitely need to bring some more in. The problem is obviously they can be expensive.

I don't think we'd necessarily need a new first choice goalkeeper. Krul has had his share of dodgy moments that's for sure, but he's looked better as the season has gone on, and it would be harsh to demote him to 2nd choice. That said if we did bring in a new first choice 'keeper I wouldn't be unhappy. Obviously McGovern will go when his contract expires this summer, so we should definitely sign a homegrown goalkeeper to replace him, someone as well who can actually challenge Krul, unlike McGovern.

With Lewis and Heise we don't need any more options at left back, and even though there's room for improvement for us defensively, I don't know if we should sign another centre back. In a way I would like us to, but then we'd have a new centre back, Zimmermann, Klose, Godfrey and Hanley all competing for two spots, which is too many. And all 4 of those players have earnt their chance. Only thing I can see is maybe Hanley leaving on loan seeing as he's barely played this season. I'm also assuming if we get promoted Klose will sign another contract. We also need to buy another right back to compete with Aarons, as Pinto will leave.

I'd quite like to see us sign another defensive midfielder, someone in the Trybull mould but with Tettey's physicality. But like with the centre backs we already have a lot of options in that position. Perhaps let Tettey go to make room? Despite his lack of technical ability and the fact he's been replaced by Trybull, he's still had a very good season and is a respected senior player at this club. It would be incredibly harsh on him.

Attacking midfield is definitely somewhere we should be bringing players in. Someone to compete with Buendia, Stiepermann and Hernandez. As the OP says Jared Bowen is a good shout. Maybe Mason Mount or Harry Wilson on loan if Derby don't go up? I personally as well would be looking to loan Cantwell out to a Championship club. He's had a good season, but I think having a full season on loan and playing regularly in the Championship will be better for him than sitting on our bench/in our reserves if we did go up. Plus we have Vrancic and McLean who can play in an attacking midfield role as well, so don't think we need him.

Striker-wise I'd definitely be looking for us to spend a bit of money on someone to compete with Pukki. I'd love us to sign Che Adams, but think Southampton had a bid of £15m turned down in January, so don't know if we'd be able to afford him. I'd also like to see us re-sign Rhodes, as 3rd choice behind a new striker and Pukki. Srbeny isn't good enough I'm afraid, but he's still relatively young so like Cantwell I'd like to see us loan him to a Championship club and see how he gets on.

Mostly though if we went up I'd like to see us give opportunities to the players who got us there, just with a few quality additions. We don't want to do what Fulham have done this season.

Din

Din

To go all out Fifa career mode on it, if I was designing our squad for next season:

Krul
NEW HOMEGROWN GK
Oxborough

Aarons
NEW RB

Lewis
Heise

Zimmermann
Klose
Godfrey
Hanley

Trybull
Leitner
Vrancic
McLean
NEW DM/Tettey
Thompson

Buendia
Stiepermann
Hernandez
NEW WINGER/AM

Pukki
Rhodes
NEW ST

So in other words:

Sign: New Homegrown GK, New RB, New DM, New Winger, New ST, Rhodes

Sell: Pinto, McGovern, Nelson, Husband, Marshall, Jarvis, Wildschut, Franke, Naismith, Raggett, (maybe Tettey)

Loan out: Cantwell, Srbeny, Morris

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

If, I mean when we go up there is one player I would love us to sign. Now must say that I think after an average start Tim Krul has done really well, but despite that I would like to see us be cheeky and go back for Angus Gunn, then Krul can be a really strong back up. It is probably very unlikely, wages are probably out of our league and he will command a huge fee, but he has hardly had a game at Southampton and if we get just the one luxury signing then for me that would be an inspirational choice.

dj161

dj161

If, I mean when we go up there is one player I would love us to sign. Now must say that I think after an average start Tim Krul has done really well, but despite that I would like to see us be cheeky and go back for Angus Gunn, then Krul can be a really strong back up. It is probably very unlikely, wages are probably out of our league and he will command a huge fee, but he has hardly had a game at Southampton and if we get just the one luxury signing then for me that would be an inspirational choice.

He's just started getting a run in the side for them, having started the last three games, I think the only chance we'd have of him coming back here is if Southampton get relegated, not out of the question, but with the transfer fee he'd demand and the likelihood of him coming here I'd certainly be looking at some other options too

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

We aren't going to drop £15m+ on Angus Gunn, no chance.

Presumably we've got all sorts of bonuses, clauses, bond rewards, prob an overdraft to repay.... Really can't see us buying any more than one £10m+ player and if we do I hope it's Jarrod Bowen or Che Adams.

I think we should try and grab Dean Henderson though if Sheff Utd fail to go up, may be a reason to support Leeds for 2nd.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Jack Butland surely needs to be considered? Wages may be the sticking point, depends how much he values being at a club on the up for once I suppose.

Din

Din

Marcus Bettinelli of Fulham has to be a good shout for goalkeeper? Was superb for Fulham last season as they went up and started this season in the Premier League well too. 26, English, called up to the England squad about a year ago, and arguably Fulham's 3rd choice goalkeeper at the moment, simply because Fulham's transfer policy was go nuclear and sign as many players for as much money as possible. They may be planning on reinstating him as 1st choice next season, but he'd be worth a pop seeing as Fulham are probably gonna be having a mass clear-out this summer.