By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The Leeds/Sheff Utd/West Brom Thread

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Gibbs has always struck me as a comfort zone player. Average defensively and lacks conviction going forward.

J-Rod f*cks up too much, in my opinion. Fairly big lad who used to have a bit of pace. Not sure he looks after the ball well enough, has the smarts or tekkers to play for DF.

Jay Rodriguez has outscored Dwight Gayle for them this season.... although at 29 and with a serious injury on his record you may be right about his legss.

Somebody on here the other day though was suggesting we make Rhodes permanent if we get promoted. Don't get me wrong I really like Rhodes as a person and he's done his bit this season.... but he'd be more than useless in the league above, and if you want to talk about a lack of pace!

I wasn't actually advocating we sign Rodriquez though, only that he's one of only a few I think could still cut it in the league above. I think striker is a position we'll need to look overseas for though. We are going to need some homegrown players though, and we'll have to spend some serious cash to acquire them.... Jarrod Bowen and Adam Webster probably top of my list.

Replacing McGovern with an English keeper would help, but my knowledge of keepers who are good with their feet is somewhat limited... bit of a niche isn't it.... David Button from Brighton would be one.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I want to win the league. And I am sure DF and the boys do as well.

Not just get promoted. Win the league.

Me too... for two very good reasons. Firstly, it means that Leeds and Chris Wilder would be deprived of that honour.

Secondly, its something that Lambert failed to do and he's been a bellend this year. I want it to be a matter of historical record that Farke is the first man to win this league for us since 2004.

He'd be joining an exclusive club with Nigel Worthington, Ken Brown, and Ron Saunders.

It will be undeniable that the only thing Lambert won with us was a League One title, and a Championship title would trump it.

A winners medal would also be a decent reward and thanks for a few players in the squad for whom this will likely be the pinnacle of their career, an example being Jordan Rhodes. And it will be the first winners medal of Tettey's career, who doesn't have long left.

Anything less than winning the league this season will be disappointing.

Forgot about the East Anglian sandwich thing with Ipswich as well.... :p

N

Number 9

How tough are the playoffs gonna be this season? I fancy Boro simply because of the Pulis effect. We really need to keep our heads and stay top two.

Din

Din

In a way, even though I don't like Leeds or Sheffield United, I do think it'd be a bit of a shame if whoever finishes 3rd out of us 3 teams doesn't go up. That said Wilder is a prick as are many of Sheffield United's fans, so if they finish 3rd and lose in the play-off final then I would find that hilarious, and same applies to Leeds.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’d like Preston to get sixth and come up in the playoffs

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I’d like Preston to get sixth and come up in the playoffs

I don't..... 1 win, 1 defeat, 2 draws against Alex Neil's Preston for Daniel Farke.

3 x 1-0 wins against Middlesbrough :D

Need all the points we can get in the Premier League.

dj161

dj161

Sheff Utd beat Brentford two-nil despite being down to ten men in the first half, Leeds currently 3-0 up at Reading with about ten minutes to go, pressure back on us

N

Number 9

Stats for Sheffield United game which they won 2-0

Brentford had 70% possession, 29 shots and 11 v 10 advantage. How did they lose?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Without seeing the game I'd hazard a guess that Sheff Utd parked the bus after their red card to try and protect their lead, which restricted Brentford to countless desperate punts at goal from long range which would explain the 24 shots off target (think Oliviera).... with perhaps Sheffield United catching them unawares on the break for their second towards the end?

Teams being successful in parking the bus is what we have to worry about in our coming fixtures, play quite a few teams who would be very happy with a point... Wigan, QPR etc.

Din

Din

Leeds vs Sheffield United about to kick off. Actually really looking forward to watching it should be a great game.

No result in this is a bad result for us. I'd probably favour a Leeds win though, as if we then beat Rotherham we'll be 7 points clear of Sheff Utd in 3rd.

dj161

dj161

personally feel a Leeds win is the best result if we beat Rotherham, if we can only get a draw then a draw in the LU/SU game would be fine

dj161

dj161

0-0 at half time, I shall accept this as their offering

G

gerryinromania

After my winter pilgrimage, and seeing both teams, I said that I thought that Sheff. U was a better TEAM than Leeds.Don't know if this result will affect us or help Leeds to lay down, again

dj161

dj161

full time, finished 1-0 Sheff Utd, with the Leeds keeper sent off in stoppage time

this is the table before we kick off, go get those 3 points lads