By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer Window

G

GJP

A bit of a cliche but I imagine Hugill's role in this squad will be the 'Jordan Rhodes' role, in that he's essentially here to offer us something different to what our other strikers do, if we're say 15 minutes from the end of a game and looking for a winning goal. I wouldn't have thought he's been bought in to be first choice striker ahead of Pukki or even Idah.

I would say that to have a 3rd choice striker who has just scored 15 goals in this league at a mid-table club is pretty encouraging. I really like this signing personally.
My guess is that he's already ahead of Idah.

And is serious competition for and/or a partner for Pukki.

N

Number 9

My guess is that he's already ahead of Idah.

And is serious competition for and/or a partner for Pukki.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
He has experience in the League ✅
He is a prolific goal scorer ❎

I wish him well but he's not the messiah, we are asking him to equal or beat his best ever season, and then we'll require several other players (midfielders) to beat their best scoring seasons.

Unless anyone can see Pukki getting back to his best?
Conundrum being the persistence of Farke continually playing Pukki, hoping he'll play himself back to form, coupled with the reluctance of Farke to play two strikers at once.

I'm trying to be realistic rather than negative.

G

GJP

Well, whether he's any good or not, what I'm getting at is what he's intended to be here for.

There's no way they've said to him "you'll be third choice behind Pukki and Idah".

They've brought him here to either be in the team or putting serious pressure on Pukki.

If he can score 15 and if Pukki can score 15 we'll be doing alright.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Pukki was supposed to go there as well if I remember correctly. :)

G

GJP

Remember when his agent imagined he was going to West Ham for £10m?

I like McLean. Good player to have at this level. I suspect he might be one of those types who doesn't ever question the manager though.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Remember when his agent imagined he was going to West Ham for £10m?

I like McLean. Good player to have at this level. I suspect he might be one of those types who doesn't ever question the manager though.
Probably why he starts every game.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I suspect he might be one of those types who doesn't ever question the manager though
Why would he ? If the stories are correct that’s what Leitner did and look at what’s happened to him. Are you suggesting that all the other players sit in the dressing room questioning Farkes decisions and because McLean doesn’t that’s why he plays ?

G

GJP

In dressing rooms everywhere you'll have different personalities. Some players will keep quiet, some will voice their opinions. Some managers will be ok with people voicing opinions, others will want people to shut up and do as they're told.

Etc etc

It's just life.

Din

Din

The Pinkun are saying that the deal isn't agreed yet but we are very keen to get it over the line, with the option to buy at the end of the season.

Really hopeful we can get it done, would be a fantastic signing and the last piece of the puzzle for me.

morty

morty

Staff member
The Pinkun are saying that the deal isn't agreed yet but we are very keen to get it over the line, with the option to buy at the end of the season.

Really hopeful we can get it done, would be a fantastic signing and the last piece of the puzzle for me.
Which CB goes though? As surely we don't need 5? Must mean Godfrey is off?

N

Number 9

Why would he ? If the stories are correct that’s what Leitner did and look at what’s happened to him. Are you suggesting that all the other players sit in the dressing room questioning Farkes decisions and because McLean doesn’t that’s why he plays ?
Obv there are ways of asking questions which are respectful and other ways which are less so.
I liken it to the Russ Martin situation.

N

Number 9

I don't know much about Gibson, is he too much of a ball player for Dyche?