By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer Window

Din

Din

Which CB goes though? As surely we don't need 5? Must mean Godfrey is off?

I would assume so. Though in all honesty while he's a great character who has served this club well, I wouldn't be upset to see Klose go, but that seems unlikely. As you say though, we don't need 5 centre backs, so I would assume Gibson coming in suggests the club thinks we will lose one of them before October.

That said I would love to see a centre back pairing of Godfrey and Gibson, that'd surely be the best partnership at this level.

I don't know much about Gibson, is he too much of a ball player for Dyche?

Yeah I think so essentially, that and the fact that if Tarkowski and Mee are fit then Dyche pretty much refuses to drop them. I think as a result Gibson got a bit frustrated which is why he's being allowed to leave.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't want to take a chance on another long term injury to either Klose or Hanley or both. Neither have played that much for 2 seasons, take them out of the equation and we're not overladen with CBs. Gibson come on down imo. :cool:

morty

morty

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't want to take a chance on another long term injury to either Klose or Hanley or both. Neither have played that much for 2 seasons, take them out of the equation and we're not overladen with CBs. Gibson come on down imo. :cool:
Trouble is, it really isn't that easy. Players are under contract, you can't just say "Yeah, you're a bit of a sick note, we'd like you to leave now".

If you want to play the game of "Yeah this player is broken, we should just buy a new one" it gets expensive pretty quickly.

N

Number 9

Trouble is, it really isn't that easy. Players are under contract, you can't just say "Yeah, you're a bit of a sick note, we'd like you to leave now".

If you want to play the game of "Yeah this player is broken, we should just buy a new one" it gets expensive pretty quickly.

We have played quite extensively the game 'he's been unlucky with injuries, let's buy him cheap and hope he will be ok in the future'
One of the reasons why we have had lots injuries

G

gerryinromania

What I don't understand, is why this player went to Burnley, for many pennies, played so little football for them. Is he always injured, is he a bad apple, is he so vastly overrated, does he refuse to play unless it's done his way? Sorry if these questions seem silly, I know nothing whatsoever of him, don't forget that I live out here in Romania, where they still can't shift Denis Man

OldRobert

OldRobert

Agree with that, but that's not what I meant. Maybe someone's leaving (Godfrey?) or could be they're taking the attitude that they don't want to get caught out again playing square pegs in round holes (Tettey at CB for eg) who knows. Maybe they know that with the increased number of games this season Klose/Hanley aren't up to it?

OldRobert

OldRobert

What I don't understand, is why this player went to Burnley, for many pennies, played so little football for them. Is he always injured, is he a bad apple, is he so vastly overrated, does he refuse to play unless it's done his way? Sorry if these questions seem silly, I know nothing whatsoever of him, don't forget that I live out here in Romania, where they still can't shift Denis Man

Some of it reputedly, is that Gibson is not the type of defender that Sean Dyche likes therefore he hasn't played him. As far as I know he's not a problem type, don't think we'd be going for him if he was.

morty

morty

Staff member
Agree with that, but that's not what I meant. Maybe someone's leaving (Godfrey?) or could be they're taking the attitude that they don't want to get caught out again playing square pegs in round holes (Tettey at CB for eg) who knows. Maybe they know that with the increased number of games this season Klose/Hanley aren't up to it?
Another factor is that we also have Famewo, so we already have 5 CB's in the senior squad. That said, I think it is likely he will go out on loan, but seeing reports he is injured at the moment.

G

gerryinromania

Some of it reputedly, is that Gibson is not the type of defender that Sean Dyche likes therefore he hasn't played him. As far as I know he's not a problem type, don't think we'd be going for him if he was.
Thanks OR As I said, living out here in the Wild East, I know sod all of him

morty

morty

Staff member
I know players trot out the same old cliches but hearing how many ex players he spoke to like Jordan Rhodes, Jonny Howson and even Daniel Ayala and how they all sang our clubs praises, really makes me feel quite proud. I know every football thinks that their club is the best, but I really believe it.

morty

morty

Staff member
Jamal to Newcastle seems to be gathering pace...

hh.jpg

G

gerryinromania

Good that the man has signed, looking forward to seeing him soon on the puta. Certainly an interesting match of accents in the dressing room if they all get a bit excited. Wonder if Esperanto will make a comeback, never heard anyone using it though

OldRobert

OldRobert

Would like to keep hold of Emi and Max, the others I can live with the potential departures.