By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What Film Did You Just Finish Watching?

Din

Din

Of the films I've seen in the last month or so:

John Wick 3 - Standard John Wick in that it's him beating people up in creative ways for 2 hours. Some great fight scenes though. 7.5/10
Aladdin - Have to admit I like this an embarrassing amount considering I'm a 23 year old man. Really good fun. 7.5/10
X-Men: Dark Pheonix - A pretty underwhelming way to end this franchise. Better than the last one though. 6/10
Brightburn - Not bad, but at 80 minutes long it's it's pretty much over before it's began. Decent overall though. 6.5/10
Toy Story 4 - These characters were literally my childhood so I simply had to see this, and as usual for a Toy Story film it was brilliant. 8/10
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Perfect follow-up to Endgame, and definitely one of the better MCU films. Mysterio was a great villain as well. 8/10

morty

morty

Staff member
Spider-man : Far from home. Ach, fine enough but I will just never really like the character. Maybe because he is a 16(?) year old and is deliberately designed to appeal to a younger audience?

Stranger Things Season 3. More of the same really, enjoyable because of the characters, but for me, they are just regurgitating things a bit, plot wise. Good watch still.

Marvel's Jessica Jones. Enjoyed this muchly, but I love the character. I think they are binning The Punisher, Daredevil etc. So not sure what the future is for Jessica.

dj161

dj161

Spider-man : Far from home. Ach, fine enough but I will just never really like the character. Maybe because he is a 16(?) year old and is deliberately designed to appeal to a younger audience?

Stranger Things Season 3. More of the same really, enjoyable because of the characters, but for me, they are just regurgitating things a bit, plot wise. Good watch still.

Marvel's Jessica Jones. Enjoyed this muchly, but I love the character. I think they are binning The Punisher, Daredevil etc. So not sure what the future is for Jessica.

Spiderman I enjoyed but felt it wasn't close to being one of the better marvel films, worth watching but maybe don't go in to it with huge expectations like I did following endgame

Stranger Things, I haven't watched the third series yet (I've seen the first episode) but I can pretty much imagine where you're coming from in them regurgitating things, still I imagine I'll still love the season when I finish it

Jessica Jones, loved it, better than series two but not at the level of the amazing first season (David Tennant was incredible in it),as for the Marvel Neflix shows you are right in that they are ending, all have been cancelled, but that is due to Disney starting their own streaming service, so they may just pop up again on there in the future, hopefully so

morty

morty

Staff member
Just finished John Wick 3. I love the films, and for a guy that does all his own stunts, the fight sequences are amazing!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Shaft, or son of Shaft. Very predictable. You know those films that are crap but you find yourself watching them all the way through just in case they get better ? Yup, 5/10
Captain Marvel- just a bit better than Shaft, a girl from another planet that automatically high fives people and knows every bit of American slang there is- 6/10
As I was having a film binge I noticed that Trainspotting T2 was coming on. I turned it off after an hour.

dj161

dj161

I actually really liked Captain Marvel and think it's one of the best Marvel films, incidentally she's actually from Earth though not another planet, even if she doesn't remember that for the first half of the film

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Just finished John Wick 3. I love the films, and for a guy that does all his own stunts, the fight sequences are amazing!
Just watched this. John Wick kills people. If you like watching John Wick kill people then watch John Wick 3 :)

Din

Din

In the last month or so:

Shaft - Yeah agree with what's said above, pretty crap. 3/10
Annabelle Comes Home - Not a fan of jump scare horror films, but got forced to see this against my will. It wasn't great. 4/10
The Lion King - Really disappointing. Looked absolutely stunning, but lacks any sort of charm and just stinks of one big money grab. Amazing feat of technology but a pretty poor film. 4.5/10
Yesterday - Everyone in the world forgets the Beatles except for one struggling musician, who rises to fame by passing their songs off as his own. Actually enjoyed this far more than I thought I would. Really funny, light-hearted and thoroughly entertaining. Also partly set and filmed in Gorleston. 8/10

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The Mule - Clint Eastwood plays an 80 year old running drugs for the cartels. Based around a true story, not Clints best film but still very watchable 7/10

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

Not a film, but a TV series 'Chernobyl' Very interesting and learned a lot about what happened. A lot of brave men lost their lives.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Bit of an eye opener that. Follow the the state no matter what................er maybe not. Very well done imo.

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

Anyone else watch all these movies on Kodi ? I love it, saves me paying to go out.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Yeah, I still have my kodi box, use it to watch films as I’m finding it difficult to get anything on sportsdevil at the moment

morty

morty

Staff member
Not a film, but a TV series 'Chernobyl' Very interesting and learned a lot about what happened. A lot of brave men lost their lives.
Chernobyl was fantastic, it is odd, I remember it being in the news when it happened ( I was actually in basic training with the RAF when it did) and then really not knowing very much about it, or even hearing what happened after.

morty

morty

Staff member
Anyone else watch all these movies on Kodi ? I love it, saves me paying to go out.
I download off the bit torrent sites, so I can take the films with me when I work away. Seems a dying art, everyone else I know just streams!

Din

Din

Yeah Chernobyl was amazing. One of the most compelling series I've ever seen.

But yeah, not much out in the way of films in the last month or so, and in general the rest of the year doesn't look amazing. Only film I've seen at the cinema in the last few weeks is:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Not Tarantino's best, but still a very good film. Probably didn't need to be 2 and half hours long, as there were quite a few scenes that seemed to drag on for far longer than they needed to. The last 20 minutes or so was absolutely amazing though, and there were some hilarious moments throughout as well. 7.5/10.

Din

Din

I download off the bit torrent sites, so I can take the films with me when I work away. Seems a dying art, everyone else I know just streams!

Yeah I tend to use bit torrent sites too. Think in general they're better than streaming.

I also work at a cinema, so get to see every film that's out for free :D hence why I see so many of the new films.