By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What Film Did You Just Finish Watching?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I thought Atomic Blonde was ok too, I watched the first ten minutes of Thor Ragnarok and turned it off :rolleyes:

dj161

dj161

I thought Atomic Blonde was ok too, I watched the first ten minutes of Thor Ragnarok and turned it off :rolleyes:
i watched Ragnorak all the way through, but it's essentially just two hours of Chris Hemsworth having a laugh and making jokes and one liners, not really a Thor film just an excuse for him to piss about

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

i watched Ragnorak all the way through, but it's essentially just two hours of Chris Hemsworth having a laugh and making jokes and one liners, not really a Thor film just an excuse for him to piss about
This was the thing for me, the “jokes” were really predictable and not funny, disappointed

morty

morty

Staff member
I think it is indicative of how these genre of films are going. They rewrote huge parts of Suicide squad after Deadpool came out, as they saw that the films had got a bit too up themselves, and that a bit of humour was welcome, I guess its a fine line though, it worked well in the likes of Guardians of the galaxy.

dj161

dj161

I've no problem with comedy in these films, they need it or they become too dark and serious, but Ragnorak is literally just two hours of jokes, Thor's homeworld is set to be destroyed and he's just cracking one liners, The DC movies need to be more light hearted and Marvel need to ease up on it a bit

morty

morty

Staff member
I've no problem with comedy in these films, they need it or they become too dark and serious, but Ragnorak is literally just two hours of jokes, Thor's homeworld is set to be destroyed and he's just cracking one liners, The DC movies need to be more light hearted and Marvel need to ease up on it a bit
Good luck getting a laugh out of Wonder woman and Superman, possibly two of the dullest superheroes ever :D

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The Hitman and his bodyguard is worth watching, it’s one of those where you don’t have to think too hard but it’s decent. Just the right level of humour in it too ;)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’m off with grade A man flu. Watched Baywatch, don’t know if it’s because I’m ill but I actually quite enjoyed it ! :)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I know it’s a tv series but I’m watching series 1 of Westworld again before series 2 starts in a couple of weeks. Really recommend it

Din

Din

I know it’s a tv series but I’m watching series 1 of Westworld again before series 2 starts in a couple of weeks. Really recommend it

Yeah Westworld is brilliant, was hooked on it when it first came out. Hopkins is fantastic in it. Can't wait for series 2.

Din

Din

Watched the new Jumanji film the other day, and it was actually a lot better than I expected. Some really funny moments and the casting is perfect. Solid 7/10.

Also watched Annihilation, which is a film on Netflix where Natalie Portman is sent into this big sort of bubble that has appeared in the American countryside, and inside the bubble nature has gone a bit weird. It's actually a lot better and more intense than I made it sound in that description :D even though it does have these weird flashback moments for no real reason. 7.5/10.

Three Billboards Outside Missouri is another one I watched recently, which was nominated for the Best Picture Oscar last month. Superb film which has a really good mixture of humour and deep, serious moments. The acting is fantastic as well. 8/10.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

“Watched the new Jumanji film the other day, and it was actually a lot better than I expected.”

Karen Gillan in those shorts ....:p:cool:o_O:)

Reactions: Din
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Star Wars the last Jedi- oh dear, I was hoping for better. It’s a Star Wars film so obviously needs to be seen but some parts of it were nicked from previous episodes.

morty

morty

Staff member
Star Wars the last Jedi- oh dear, I was hoping for better. It’s a Star Wars film so obviously needs to be seen but some parts of it were nicked from previous episodes.
It saddens me, as I'm a massive fan, but it has become nothing more than a money making vehicle for Disney now.

That said, this looks frikken brilliant!

Din

Din

Anyone seen Infinty War? (@morty ?).

Saw it three times at the cinema. Absolutely unbelievable film and easily the best in the MCU. Cannot wait for the next one next year.

morty

morty

Staff member
Anyone seen Infinty War? (@morty ?).

Saw it three times at the cinema. Absolutely unbelievable film and easily the best in the MCU. Cannot wait for the next one next year.
YES!

Loved it, and will probably go see again. I couldn't believe how well they knitted all the characters / egos together, because it really could have been a complete car crash! I loved Ragnarok, and thought they would struggle to top it, but I agree, easily the best one so far, they are already talking up the next one as even better!

Din

Din

YES!

Loved it, and will probably go see again. I couldn't believe how well they knitted all the characters / egos together, because it really could have been a complete car crash! I loved Ragnarok, and thought they would struggle to top it, but I agree, easily the best one so far, they are already talking up the next one as even better!

I literally don't think it is possible for them to make it better to be honest. Obviously it's not a masterpiece in the same way that people talk about The Godfather or Pulp Fiction, but in many ways for what it is I think it is a masterpiece. It's probably the most ambitious idea in film history and they found a way of not only doing it well but doing it exceptionally. I'm not one for going back and seeing films 3 or 4 times whilst they're still at the cinema, but I literally just had to with this because I just couldn't stop thinking about it. As you say the way they managed to balance all these lead characters in one films was absolutely perfect.

And yeah Ragnarok was fantastic. For me it elevated Thor to probably my favourite of the Avengers, but Infinity War did that even more. He definitely had some of the best moments in the film. All the Avengers had their moments to be fair but if anyone stole the show it was him. Really liked Gamora in this as well and the scene where Thanos killed her was actually really emotional. Those two, Rocket, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange all stand-outs for me, plus Drax had a couple of hilarious moments as well. Would've liked to have seen maybe a bit more of Captain America, Black Panther and Black Widow, but unless you make the film a fair bit longer it's hard to do that so no complaints. Cannot wait for the next one!