By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What Film Did You Just Finish Watching?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Just watched Infinity War, what a cracking film that is. All the characters get enough air time, just the right amount of one liners and great fights ! It’s everything you want to see in Star Wars but they don’t do anymore. Plus there’s Scarlet Johansson in tight leather look body suit and a face painted Karen Gillan :)

morty

morty

Staff member
Just watched Infinity War, what a cracking film that is. All the characters get enough air time, just the right amount of one liners and great fights ! It’s everything you want to see in Star Wars but they don’t do anymore. Plus there’s Scarlet Johansson in tight leather look body suit and a face painted Karen Gillan :)
Absolutely loved it, easily the best film of the whole series! Can't wait for the sequel!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Ready Player One - anyone whose played computer games will love it. Some really nice touches in it. I particularly liked the section when they go to see The Shining, oh, and Chucky :D

morty

morty

Staff member
Ready Player One - anyone whose played computer games will love it. Some really nice touches in it. I particularly liked the section when they go to see The Shining, oh, and Chucky :D
I liked it, a few raved about it being the best film they had seen all year, I wouldn't go that far, but enjoyable!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Tomb Raider- the new one. Bang average storyline and acting, only watch if you really need to kill some time. It’s not even like the lead character is fit enough that you enjoy watching her run around in combat trousers and a vest top. Stick with Angelina for that. Oh, and she doesn’t even have her pistols !

G

GJP

I recently watched Infinity War. Thought it was maybe 20-30 mins too long but otherwise good. Thought Josh Brolin was very good throughout.

Also watched A Quiet Place. Very good film indeed. John Krasinski appears to have bucket loads of talent.

morty

morty

Staff member
I recently watched Infinity War. Thought it was maybe 20-30 mins too long but otherwise good. Thought Josh Brolin was very good throughout.

Also watched A Quiet Place. Very good film indeed. John Krasinski appears to have bucket loads of talent.

Loved infinity war! So much that I thought I would make use of my 4k TV and buy it on 4k disc. Then realised that I had wrongly assumed that a normal blu-ray player would play it. Cue a trip to the shops to buy a 4k blu-ray player....

G

GJP

Continuing on the Marvel theme, I also recently ish got around to watching Ragnarok and Black Panther. Both good efforts and it brought Thor back into form really (as did Infinity War). Probably found Black Panther himself to be the least entertaining character in the film. Michael B Jordan as the villain is worth watching in pretty much anything though.

morty

morty

Staff member
Continuing on the Marvel theme, I also recently ish got around to watching Ragnarok and Black Panther. Both good efforts and it brought Thor back into form really (as did Infinity War). Probably found Black Panther himself to be the least entertaining character in the film. Michael B Jordan as the villain is worth watching in pretty much anything though.
Agree, loved Ragnarok, a lot of people said there was a bit too much humour in it, that it was a bit silly. But you are sat watching a film about a pretend man with a hammer who can fly in space, so, whatever!

I am not a fan of black panther either. And also having worked in several African countries I find the concept of any of them being technologically advanced, just a bit too far fetched.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Solo- a Star Wars story. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I was on a plane so will probably watch again at some point but I thought the guy who played the young solo did a good job.
Dead pool 2- If I was a lot younger I would say meh, ;). I did like the scene where they parachute out of the plane though and thought the phrase “ prison wallet “ is hilarious :)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Jurassic Park- the new one. The Jurassic films have to be watched don’t they but really there isn’t much to see with this one, it’s the same story going round and round now.

I’ve just watched the first episodes of the tv series The Deuce, 70s New York, prostitutes- cops- loan shark/mafia types and a guy that runs a bar. I’m quite enjoying it so far

morty

morty

Staff member
This trip away I have watched both seasons of Ozark, absolutely brilliant. Am currently 3 episodes into Altered Carbon, very slick and well made, and pretty enjoyable so far.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Jaws 10, sorry, the meg. Typing this while it’s on. I quite like Jason Statham but this is a bit rubbish. I’ll still watch it to the end just to see a few more people get eaten :)

Din

Din

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody the other day, thought it was fantastic. Malek is unbelievable as Freddie, and the last 20 minutes or so where they recreated the Live Aid performance was absolutely spectacular. They did admitedly take a few liberties with what actually happened, for example in the film Freddie gets his AIDs diagnosis before Live Aid, when in reality he didn't get diagnosed until a couple of years after. I guess they did that to give Live Aid more significance/emotion. Most biopic films do the same sort of thing. But yeah great film.

Also saw Venom not too long ago. Safe to say that was not a great film :D I liked Venom and Eddie Brock as characters, Tom Hardy is superb, and the first 45/60 minutes where Eddie is getting to grips with Venom are actually pretty good. The rest of the film though is so rushed it's ridiculous, and everything they do manage to cram into that time is pretty crap. A lot of the humour falls pretty flat as well. It's a shame because as I said the characters and acting was great. They teased a sequel in the mid-credit scene, so I'll hold out hope that's better.

Would give Bohemian a 8/10, Venom maybe a 5/10.

morty

morty

Staff member
I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night, yeah I thought it was pretty amazing too! And glad you confirmed about the timing of his diagnosis, I said to the chick after the film I thought that they had that wrong. Real soft spot for Queen as that was my first gig, with my mum lol, Glasgow Apollo 1979, Crazy little tour. And you're right, Malek was unbelievable, I thought, at first they had over done the teeth thing, but if you actually look at an interview with Freddie, his teeth were a lot more pronounced when he was talking, than when he was singing.

Has to be a 9/10 for me.

Reactions: Din
morty

morty

Staff member
First Man.

Biopic about Neil Armstrong and, obviously, him landing on the moon. Very good actually, you just tend to remember the sound bites and all the national hysteria, and forget the human toll that lead up to it all.

8/10 Ryan Gosling very, very good.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The Predator- remakes aren’t that good are they ? This is no different, no suspense, just a few gory deaths. 5/10
Equaliser 2 x just watch the first one again, it’s better 5/10
Ant Man and The Wasp- I really enjoyed this, good fun 7.5/10

morty

morty

Staff member
The Predator- remakes aren’t that good are they ? This is no different, no suspense, just a few gory deaths. 5/10
Equaliser 2 x just watch the first one again, it’s better 5/10
Ant Man and The Wasp- I really enjoyed this, good fun 7.5/10

Ach The Predator was never going to be great, the first one was so good, it was never going to top it!

I liked Equaliser 2, but I like pretty much anything that Denzel does! Yeah Ant man and the wasp was okay, watched it on the plane on way to work, not bad. Have you seen the trailer for the new Avengers movie? Looks like Ant man may be heavily involved!