By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer Window

N

Number 9

Don’t see it happening unless they chuck silly money at us personally. Perhaps during the summer when we have proper cover but I can’t see Byram playing the rest of the season there.
From Farkes point of view, it's a bundle of notes he can spend on a midfielder.

I cry when I watch Byram playing left back, but he keeps getting picked.
From my eyes, Byram will do one of two things.
1) Pass backwards.
2) Move inside towards center midfield.

On the odd occasion when he's near the oppo penalty area, he either loses the ball doing those two things or he wastes a chance to score.

This he does whether playing on left or right wing.

* Farke may well have asked him to play this way, he might be Meesi but turns it down to follow instructions.

N

Number 9

Don’t see it happening unless they chuck silly money at us personally. Perhaps during the summer when we have proper cover but I can’t see Byram playing the rest of the season there.
You're right, not happening apparently

N

Number 9

Amadou do do going to Genoa according to Connor at the Pinkun, creating space for yhe Luxembourg lad?

N

Number 9

Sitti came through the youth ranks at CO Vincennes and Paris FC before joining Sochaux in 2017, spending the last two seasons with Sochaux's B team.

Who?

Another *******ing midfielder!

morty

morty

Staff member
Sitti came through the youth ranks at CO Vincennes and Paris FC before joining Sochaux in 2017, spending the last two seasons with Sochaux's B team.

Who?

Another *******ing midfielder!
Had you heard of Buendia or Hernandez before they came here? Or Vrancic?

I'd like to think there is long term method behind our purchases, rather than any kind of scattergun, January panic approach. I think he is primarily a defensive midfielder, 6 foot tall. With Tettey already saying this season will be his last, this makes sense to me, loaning him back to his parent club till summer also makes sense. Seeing rumours that Aamdou isn't feeling the Norwich City love, so could well be unlikely to want to stay here at the end of the season (or even wants away in this window if you believe some rumours)

N

Number 9

Had you heard of Buendia or Hernandez before they came here? Or Vrancic?

I'd like to think there is long term method behind our purchases, rather than any kind of scattergun, January panic approach. I think he is primarily a defensive midfielder, 6 foot tall. With Tettey already saying this season will be his last, this makes sense to me, loaning him back to his parent club till summer also makes sense. Seeing rumours that Aamdou isn't feeling the Norwich City love, so could well be unlikely to want to stay here at the end of the season (or even wants away in this window if you believe some rumours)
He may well be an excellent player with future potential, I still firmly believe that we need some decent defenders rather than an obsession with midfielders.
If we really believe that our individual defenders at the club are the best available, then bring in a defensive coach to supplement the attacking coaches and train our players how to do their job.

morty

morty

Staff member
Do you mean massively over pay on some players in a vain attempt to avoid relegation? Like we did last time and financially shot ourselves in the foot? How much do you think better Premier league defenders, better than Hanley, Godfrey and Zimbo, cost exactly? We already have 2 good prospects out on loan, playing at a decent level, in Famewo and Bushiri.

N

Number 9

Do you mean massively over pay on some players in a vain attempt to avoid relegation? Like we did last time and financially shot ourselves in the foot? How much do you think better Premier league defenders, better than Hanley, Godfrey and Zimbo, cost exactly? We already have 2 good prospects out on loan, playing at a decent level, in Famewo and Bushiri.
No Morty, it's something that should have been addressed last season or last summer. I'm not talking about panic buying, it's a problem which we knew about.

The club has spent alot of money over past couple years, just not on defending.
All these players coming in have to be paid for, even loan signings, even the ones who never play.

We all like to see our team play like Brazil but you can't spend so much effort and time trying to achieve that while neglecting your goals against column.

Well, you can, but you're not going to win many Premier League games doing that and you'll get relegated.

N

Number 9

Our style of play does not lend itself to grinding out one nils. It never has. Apart from under Hughton, and we all loved that, didn't we?
Surely there must be a middle ground where you are solid at the back and able to play the ball forward with style at times.

We've conceded more than any other team in the top 5 European leagues. That Can't be the best game plan.

Im not having 'no money' either, we've bought and loaned 27? players past couple of years, they all had costs attached. We chose those players, we could have selected a few other players such as defenders.

morty

morty

Staff member
Surely there must be a middle ground where you are solid at the back and able to play the ball forward with style at times.

We've conceded more than any other team in the top 5 European leagues. That Can't be the best game plan.

Im not having 'no money' either, we've bought and loaned 27? players past couple of years, they all had costs attached. We chose those players, we could have selected a few other players such as defenders.
Of course there is a middle ground, but it costs money. More money than we are willing to spend right now. The ultimate middle ground I guess right now is Liverpool. Like I said earlier, how much do you think better Premiership defenders that the ones we have, cost? We currently have 4 central defenders in contract, 3 of them on long ones. We have two full backs and a third who can cover either position. In an attempt to be more solid defensively we loaned an upgrade on Tettey that hasn't worked out, that is life, sometimes they don't. And he has ended up having to cover at centre back due to our terrible luck with injuries. I can 100% guarantee you that if we had been able to name a settled back 5 all season, and Amadou had worked out, we would have conceded far less goals.

The plan is clearly to stick to our style and give the Prem a go without over extending ourselves and spending money we don't have. If we stay up, all well and good, we continue to build. If we go down, we will inevitably sell a few players, but we go down debt free, with parachute payments and some transfer money in our back pockets, then we go again, in a very, very strong position. And who knows, maybe next time we come up, we're stronger, and stay in the Prem. That is the plan, as I see it, so I totally "get" how we are doing business, and why.

G

gerryinromania

Common sense Morty. Like you, been supporting a while, rough and smooth everywhere. I want, doesn't always work, every day life is like that too