By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer Window

N

Number 9

I think, on balance, given Drimc's shaky injury record, that we really need to get someone in.
The next few weeks will have a major impact on our season. If our defence isn't strengthened and Srbenny replaced with someone who actually has a record of scoring goals, I think the players will assume that the clubs going down whatever they do, it's not going to help performances.
It must be soul destroying for a striker to have to score three goals to win a game against the best defences in club football.
Same for the midfield, if they create chances which get wasted.
I'm not having any more attacking midfielders coming in.

morty

morty

Staff member
New name in the mix, Sven Botman, a 19 year old centre back, currently at Heerenveen, on loan there from Ajax.

N

Number 9

New name in the mix, Sven Botman, a 19 year old centre back, currently at Heerenveen, on loan there from Ajax.
I can't see him as helping in the relegation battle to be honest.
He's just turned 20 and has been playing in Holland all his life, no way will Farke put him in the team before one of the others get back from injury.
We need someone who can go straight into the back line and get them organised, in my opinion, although Sven might (Might) be ok for future, he's not the answer today.

morty

morty

Staff member
I can't see him as helping in the relegation battle to be honest.
He's just turned 20 and has been playing in Holland all his life, no way will Farke put him in the team before one of the others get back from injury.
We need someone who can go straight into the back line and get them organised, in my opinion, although Sven might (Might) be ok for future, he's not the answer today.
The mantra is that we won't be making panic buys, and this guy fits the profile of the type of player to benefit us in the longer term.

I simply don't think we buy the type of player you are referring to, any more.

morty

morty

Staff member
77.jpg

N

Number 9

The mantra is that we won't be making panic buys, and this guy fits the profile of the type of player to benefit us in the longer term.

I simply don't think we buy the type of player you are referring to, any more.
The stats prove that you are correct, we don't buy defenders any more, just attacking midfielders.
We're going down.

N

Number 9

I would suggest that Dude man is verging on a panic buy?
A player who hasn't played in this country let alone this league, so how long will he take to settle in?
We're going to be coughing up a loan fee and at least part of his wages so it won't be cheap.
No clause for us to purchase him at the end of the season.
Whilst we are paying our midfielders to
*have time off
*sit on the bench
*play out of position in defence or as a false number nine (as we finished against Preston)

I'm sure he may be a fine player, just not what we need right now In My Opinion

morty

morty

Staff member
I would suggest that Dude man is verging on a panic buy?
A player who hasn't played in this country let alone this league, so how long will he take to settle in?
We're going to be coughing up a loan fee and at least part of his wages so it won't be cheap.
No clause for us to purchase him at the end of the season.
Whilst we are paying our midfielders to
*have time off
*sit on the bench
*play out of position in defence or as a false number nine (as we finished against Preston)

I'm sure he may be a fine player, just not what we need right now In My Opinion
Thats a lot of assumptions! :D He isn't even in the door yet.

Maybe we have already sold Todd to Liverpool for 30m?

morty

morty

Staff member
We can’t rely on Pukki and Cantwell to score all our goals for the rest of the season. He could score ten and keep us up ;)
We do need more goals from midfield, it is something we have done well at, in previous seasons. And whoever plays at number 10 needs to be leading the way in getting beyond the striker a bit more often...